Official Ty Cobb Vintage Baseball Bat Made in the US 1909 with LOA Top Quality
In early 1991 a salvage company in Frankfort, Indiana acquired the rights to clean out an old School building in Kentucky in a little town near Little South Fork River, not far from Bowling Green. In the basement of the building was found a large hoard of TY COBB BALL BATS made U. 1909 manufactured by Ames Hanes.
Bats found on the bottom of the pile had suffered much deterioration while those bats at the top were in the best condition. The Ames Hanes Manufacturing CO. Went out of business in the 1920's. This information was given to me by the owner of the salvage company.About 75% of the bats are made from Georgia Pine from the same area where Ty Cobb lived. The other 25% are made from Oak, a much harder wood. The Pine Bats have aged very nicely without too many imperfections in the surface, whereas the Oak Bats have turned darker from ageing and exhibit a rougher look. About 30% of the bats had disintegrated before being discovered. About 20% of the Bats are in poor condition. Another 20% of the bats are warped or cracked from weathering, with 20% more in excellent condition, and less than 10% found in near mint condition with nice surfaces and original shape. We use quality as our strategy, and our feedback has never been stronger.
From Collectibles and sporting goods, to Entertainment and Home Goods, we provide the deep assortment that our customers appreciate. All orders are processed in the order in which they are received. We will respond to you within 24 hours and do our best to help you out! This item is in the category "Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop\Vintage Sports Memorabilia\Bats".The seller is "qualitycoins" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States, New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Wallis and Futuna, Gambia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Poland, Oman, Suriname, United Arab Emirates, Kenya, Argentina, Guinea-Bissau, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Bhutan, Senegal, Togo, Ireland, Qatar, Burundi, Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, Equatorial Guinea, Thailand, Aruba, Sweden, Iceland, Macedonia, Belgium, Israel, Liechtenstein, Kuwait, Benin, Algeria, Antigua and Barbuda, Swaziland, Italy, Tanzania, Pakistan, Burkina Faso, Panama, Kyrgyzstan, Switzerland, Djibouti, Chile, China, Mali, Botswana, Republic of Croatia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Portugal, Tajikistan, Vietnam, Malta, Cayman Islands, Paraguay, Saint Helena, Cyprus, Seychelles, Rwanda, Bangladesh, Australia, Austria, Sri Lanka, Gabon Republic, Zimbabwe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Norway, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Kiribati, Turkmenistan, Grenada, Greece, Haiti, Greenland, Yemen, Afghanistan, Montenegro, Mongolia, Nepal, Bahamas, Bahrain, United Kingdom, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Angola, Western Samoa, France, Mozambique, Namibia, Peru, Denmark, Guatemala, Solomon Islands, Vatican City State, Sierra Leone, Nauru, Anguilla, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Cameroon, Guyana, Azerbaijan Republic, Macau, Georgia, Tonga, San Marino, Eritrea, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Morocco, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Mauritania, Belize, Philippines, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Colombia, Spain, Estonia, Bermuda, Montserrat, Zambia, South Korea, Vanuatu, Ecuador, Albania, Ethiopia, Monaco, Niger, Laos, Ghana, Cape Verde Islands, Moldova, Madagascar, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Lebanon, Liberia, Bolivia, Maldives, Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Central African Republic, Lesotho, Nigeria, Mauritius, Saint Lucia, Jordan, Guinea, Canada, Turks and Caicos Islands, Chad, Andorra, Romania, Costa Rica, India, Mexico, Serbia, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Lithuania, Trinidad and Tobago, Malawi, Nicaragua, Finland, Tunisia, Uganda, Luxembourg, Brazil, Turkey, Germany, Egypt, Latvia, Jamaica, South Africa, Brunei Darussalam, Honduras.
- Player: Ty Cobb
- Officially Licensed: No
- Year: 1909
- Original/Reproduction: Original
- Team: Detroit Tigers
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Vintage: Yes